Yay security!

I’ve updated my site with a SSL certificate. I feel so proud that I did it mostly by myself. I had some help from a friend on IRC because i forgot to poke a few holes in my firewall. But now, everything is connected, and the traffic on this site is now encrypted!

Except for my ZNC web panel. Unfortunately I think i fucked it up. I’ll figure it out eventually, but for now, it’s still going through my unencrypted service.

While writing up this post, I was…enlightened by another IRC user that I shouldn’t be using Apache for my webserver. I’ve since switched to Nginx which was an ordeal itself. The migration process is not a 1:1 conversion, and many things had to be re-kajiggered to work right.

In particular, it took me ages to get the PHP working again on the site. Apparently the config that came from one tutorial was too complex for what I needed, and was causing issues. I’ve got no idea why, since I can’t understand the options anyway.

Regardless, things seem to be back up and running. Now if only I could get that ZNC web panel working like it should…

Leave your comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.